I LIKE TO TELL STORIES

I like to tell stories...
What of It?

Let Them Eat Cake....and Blog About It!



If someone says they're a true Auburn fan and says they'll pull for Alabama except when they play Auburn, or if someone says they're a true Alabama fan and they'll pull for Auburn except when they play Alabama, then they'll lie about other things too.

--Unknown.

Thursday, January 3, 2008

Where do you want to eat?

We eat out considerably more than I would prefer. It's just so much easier than cooking and cleaning the kitchen, besides it lends itself to socializing. I guess the biggest problem associated with this habitual practice is that you flat wear out every spot and nothing sounds good to eat.

On a balmy Sunday afternoon rw and dw headed to town to meet her sister and husband, "Ross".

The phone rings: "hello"

Sum: "hey its Sum, where do you want to meet for lunch?"

dw: "i dont care, where do you want to go?"

Sum: "It doesnt matter to us, y'all decide."

dw: "ok, how about mexican?"

Sum: "we just had that."

dw: "well, what about that little soup and sandwhich spot?"

Sum: "or we could do seafood."

dw: "ok"

Sum: "it doesnt matter to us, but what about Red Lobster?"

dw: "ok"

Sum: "where would you guys rather go?"

dw: "well, we said mexican, but you apparently would rather go to Red Lobster, so lets do that."

Sum: "are you sure?"

Ross (in the background): "which one has better coke?"

At this point dear reader I must admit that I lost it, whatever "it" is. Which one has better coke? I havent heard anything that funny in the context of such a situation in a long time.

Ross (still in the back ground): "ok, I am about to pass the House of Chen, somebody needs to let me know if thats where we are going or not!!!"

What a kidder he is, the girls hate chinese, especially crappy chinese.

Where do you want to eat? That coupled with the famous "what do you want to eat" seem to be the most complexing question of our time in a world filled with so many choices.

Since I've been married, the "what do you want to eat" question has probably been asked more than other questions. I guess its our final frontier.

What do you want? I dont know.

Where do you want to go? I dont know, what do you want.

The more perplexing detail is that no matter where one suggests, its almost always immediately dismissed, especially if its one of the primary suggestions.

A woman wll look at the menu fifty times and still get the exact same thing. Its quite funny actually and I guess there are worse problems to have.

My time is up and I thank you for yours.

Peace out Monkey Sticks!

rw

No comments: