I LIKE TO TELL STORIES

I like to tell stories...
What of It?

Let Them Eat Cake....and Blog About It!



If someone says they're a true Auburn fan and says they'll pull for Alabama except when they play Auburn, or if someone says they're a true Alabama fan and they'll pull for Auburn except when they play Alabama, then they'll lie about other things too.

--Unknown.

Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Blow Out That Cherry Bomb For Me

I flew up to NYC on tuesday. I have plenty of pictures detailing the trip, but I forgot the cord for the camera to download said pictures.

I really should have waited until I uploaded the pictures to write this blog, but whatever, right?

It is Wednesday night. We drove into Manhattan for dinner at Smith & Wollensky's. Wow, good spot, its on the corner of third avenue and forty ninth street. You need to check it out if you have a chance.

There were about nine of us including the president of my company. We took two vehicles as we had a large group and a fifteen minute drive. I couldn't believe how much traffic there was on 9A tonight. Six of us were Auburn guys. Three were recent grads from Southern Miss. One of the lads has a girlfriend from the Jersey shore, kinda.

They dubbed her "Diablo". This is in part to the wicked tattoo she has on her person. It says diablo which means the devil or so I am told. They painted the picture to represent her as wild and crazy. This lad is a mississippi boy. They are infact not a fit.

The other guys ragged him all night about Diablo. He rambled on about her being from Belize. I kidded him about the mafiso wannabes that she might have had as past boyfriends when he informed us that he asked her if she had dated any mexicans.

I found this to be humorous. How did he come about this inquiry? He simply put it out there, point blank. I found out that he wasnt so much discriminating against the mexican peoples as much as he was concerned about getting cut over some jersey tramp. Forgive me, this was the discussion and I guess you had to be there.

We had an excellent dinner starting off with lobster as an appetizer and a nice steak.

We had another group out on the town. One of the chiefs was a 67 year old guy that works for us. They had a limo and he was standing out of the roof top window and happened to drive past us as we left the restaurant. He was headed to an around the way joint in Soho. He was singing a Limbeck song

Theres really nothing else to do except laugh.

"i am not saying that i am ready for a burned down bridge.

I am not saying that I want anything from you except that if we drove side by side in the beehive state that we could smile and honk and wave."

This man, i shall refer to as Ron had been skydiving earlier in the week. He is also the same gentleman I told you about before that used to be close friends with Burt Reynolds...no kidding.

The limo stopped at the light at the next corner. A couple of us ran over to meet him.

Ron yelled at two passerbys, "hey foxy lady, wanna ride? are there any problems you see? whats that got to do with me? you can do what you wanna do, its nothing to me. Lets cut out the middle man."

He has no fear of the underdog, thats why he will not survive. New York City might be too much for that old man from Alabama.

I told him so much and he responded that "it cant all be wedding cake."

I summized that "Diablo" would have agreed.

It has been without question, an interesting evening.

No comments: